CPR & First Aid Training Options During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we offer 2 training format options for those who work in essential sectors and need a current CPR-AED and/or First Aid certificate to continue working.
OPTION 1: All in-person classroom course
We are limiting our enrollment to ensure that all students are 6 feet apart.
Our full COVID-19 policies are listed below.
You can see our classroom course schedule and register here: Classroom course schedule
OPTION 2: One-on-one training
This is our Blended Learning format and is a 2-part course.
PART 1 involves completing an online course at home (1-1.5 hours).
PART 2 is a one-on-one skills session with an instructor for skills practice and testing (1 hour).
You can see the schedule and register for the Blended Learning option here: One-on-One CPR & First Aid Training
Once you are registered, you will receive an email with your online course access code the next business day.
Please register using a Gmail account whenever possible. Older email service providers block our confirmation emails.
You must print your online course completion certificate to bring to your one-on-one skills session.
One-on-one skills sessions may also be scheduled during business hours by calling 619-469-7109 Monday-Friday, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm, or emailing Info@AmeriMedCPR.com
NOTE: Students receive the same course completion card (certificate), regardless of the course format.
FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED TO ENTER CLASS and must remain in place throughout class.
- We are reducing our class sizes to ensure that all students are 6 feet apart.
- We will provide 6 feet, or more, of space between students.
- Each student will have their own manikin.
- There will be no rescue breathing performed on the manikin.
- We will practice hands-only CPR and the use of the AED.
- Each student will use gloves throughout CPR training.
- All attendees and instructors are now required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Healthcare providers will practice hands-only single rescuer CPR, use of the BVM in 2-person CPR, and the use of the AED.
- First Aid practice will not include any skills that involve touching another person.
- Classrooms are thoroughly disinfected before and after each class.
- Classrooms will stay ventilated during class.
- If you have symptoms of any illness, please self-quarantine for 2 weeks and reschedule your class after that 2-week period.
- Translators are currently not allowed in class. If you need a translator, you will need to postpone your class.