CORONA VIRUS UPDATE
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we strongly recommend our online course format with a 1-1.5-hour skills session. Scroll down for details on our online CPR training options.
Because we serve essential sectors, we will continue to offer limited classes for those who are working in essential sectors who need their CPR certificate to continue working.
We will continue to offer our training courses to healthcare providers, EMS personnel, childcare providers, and construction workers so that they may continue to provide their essential services with the following modifications/options:
- We are reducing our class sizes to a maximum of 6 students, or less (per the current recommendations).
- We will provide 6 feet, or more, of space between students.
- Each student will have their own manikin.
- There will be no rescue breathing performed on the manikin.
- We will practice hands-only CPR and the use of the AED.
- Each student will use gloves.
- Healthcare providers will practice hands-only single rescuer CPR, use of the BVM in 2-person CPR, and the use of the AED.
- First Aid practice will not include any skills that involve touching another person.
- Classrooms are thoroughly disinfected before and after each class.
- Classrooms will stay ventilated during class.
- If you have symptoms of any illness, please reschedule your class.
- Translators are currently not allowed in class. If you need a translator, you will need to postpone your class.
ONLINE CPR TRAINING OPTIONS
Because of this unprecedented situation, online courses with skills assessments are now being accepted for those working in essential sectors.
This includes childcare providers and healthcare providers.
Students will receive the same course completion card (certificate), regardless of the course format.
We will resume in-classroom training beginning May, as long as the stay-at-home orders have been lifted.
If you do not need this training to continue your work in an essential sector, please schedule your training for May or June.
STEPS FOR COMPLETING YOUR TRAINING ONLINE:
STEP 1: Purchase and complete the correct American Heart Association online course:
HEALTHCARE Providers: complete the HeartCode BLS PROVIDER ONLINE COURSE ($28.50)
CHILDCARE Providers: complete the HEARTSAVER CPR-AED & PEDIATRIC FIRST AID ONLINE COURSE ($20.00)
ALL OTHERS: complete the HEARTSAVER CPR-AED & FIRST AID ONLINE COURSE ($30.00) using this web link:
SKILLS SESSION FEE: $50.00