This page will assist you in choosing a class based on the type of certificate you need.
Click here for help choosing a class based on your occupation / reason for needing the training.
AmeriMed CPR Training offers several certifications and levels of training.
- The information below is meant only to assist you in determining which class best meets your needs.
- It is YOUR responsibility to confirm with the organization requiring you to become certified that this information is correct.
- AmeriMed CPR Training is NOT RESPONSIBLE if you enroll in the wrong class.
General Course Information:
- CPR-AED and First Aid courses include certification in adult, child, and infant (pediatric) skills.
- CPR-AED and First Aid certificates are valid for 2 years.
- The Preventive Health Practices with 1-hour Nutrition certificate typically does not expire.
- These courses are approved by the state of California for licensed family day care providers, and preschool and childcare center staff.
- These courses are also approved for School Bus Drivers.
- These courses comply with the general industry work safety training requirements.
- These courses comply with non-ambulance medical transportation training requirements.
- These courses are for anyone wanting to learn emergency response skills.
- The BLS Provider level course is for healthcare staff & students, and dental care staff & students.
- This course was formerly know as BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- This course is also a prerequisite to becoming a BLS | CPR Instructor.
This course is for students with a current BLS for Providers certification who would like to become a BLS | CPR Instructor.
- For ALL outdoor enthusiasts, camp leaders, and scouts.
- Introduction to outdoor medicine – what to do when help is not readily available.
- Fulfills Scouts training requirements.
- The Heartsaver level courses are for NON-healthcare professionals.
- Some employers specify that the CPR-AED and/or First Aid cards be from the American Heart
- The Heartsaver K-12 courses are for students and staff of elementary, middle and high school staff.
- Some school districts specify that the CPR-AED and/or First Aid cards be issued from the American Heart Association.
- This course is for you if you love your pets, or you own / work in / want to start any type of business involving pets.
NOTE: If none of the above applies to you, or you are not sure, please call us at 619-469-7109, or email us at info@AmeriMedCPR.com for assistance in choosing your class.