The American Heart Association (AHA) no longer issues physical course completion cards. They are issued electronically via each individual student’s unique email.
The first BUSINESS day after your class you will receive an email from the American Heart Association. Business days do NOT include weekdays or holidays.
- This email is commonly marked by your internet service provider as junk or spam, and might be found in one of those folders of your email account.
- IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE EMAIL FROM THE AHA, use this link to claim your ecard: http://heart.org/mycards
- Enter your first name, last name and email address in the fields.
- You will be taken to the page to set up your ecard account with the AHA.
- You will be required to choose a security question & answer to set up a secure user account on the AHA site.
- You will then be asked to answer a few questions about your course.
- Once you submit your answers, a new page noting your ecard code number will open. This is NOT your ecard.
- On this page you will see link to view and download the pdf of your ecard in wallet size or full size.
- There is also an option to email your ecard.
Contact us for any corrections in spelling.
You may login to access your ecard for 24 months here: http://heart.org/mycards
If you have any difficulties claiming your ecard, please contact Customer Support at:
- Phone: 1-877-242-4277
- Email: email@example.com
- Available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Time
Once you have claimed your ecard, your employer may verify the validity of the ecard on the American Heart Association® website at this URL: https://ecards.heart.org/student/myecards?pid=ahaecard.employerStudentSearch
NOTE: They will need the code from your ecard.
Continuing Education Units – California Dental Board
Show a copy of your American Heart Association BLS Provider ecard to receive 4-CEUs.
Continuing Education Credits – EMS Personnel
You have 30 days to submit a written request for CME/CE’s for the BLS Provider course.