Course description: BLS / CPR INSTRUCTOR
Click here for BLS Instructor Course Dates
American Heart Association instructor certification.
As a BLS Instructor, you will be certified to teach ALL of the following courses:
BLS for Providers®
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
COURSE FEE: $250.00
- BLS Instructor Essentials online course
- BLS Instructor Manual eBook
- 8-hours of hands-on classroom instruction
- BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook
- 2-year Instructor Certification
Cancellation & rescheduling policies.
STEPS TO BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR – READ CAREFULLY!
- Step 1 – become BLS PROVIDER certified through the American Heart Association (no other certifications accepted).
- Instructor Candidate must possess a current American Heart Association® BLS Provider certificate.
- Instructor Candidates must be knowledgeable of BLS curriculum, and have strong BLS skills.
- The BLS Instructor Course does not teach BLS Provider skills.
- BLS study guides.
- Instructor Candidate must be at least 16 years old.
- Step 2 – complete the (1.5 – 2 hours) online BLS Instructor Essentials Course
- Step 3 – attend the 8-hour BLS Instructor Essentials hands-on session.
- Instructor Candidate must fill out and bring the BLS Instructor Candidate Application to class.
- Step 4 – be monitored (skills assessed) teaching a full BLS Provider course within 6 months of attending the hands-on session.
- There is a monitoring fee.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR
- You can save money by training your company staff.
- You can build your resume while supplementing your income.
- Medical students can certify fellow students.
- Healthcare Providers can certify co-workers.
- Childcare Providers can certify their assistants, staff, children’s parents, and their peers.
- AHA Instructors have reciprocity options with the American Red Cross and ASHI (American Safety & Health Institute)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Instructors must align with an American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center for student certificate processing.
- You may choose to align with any AHA Training Center that will accept you.
- Students taking our BLS CPR Instructor Course are automatically accepted for alignment with our AHA Training Center (Allied 100, LLC) at no extra cost.
- If you wish to align with a different AHA Training Center, please bring your BLS Instructor Candidate Application signed by that AHA Training Center Coordinator.
- American Heart Association® Program Administration (PAM) and Organization (PROAD)
- Registering on the AHA Instructor Network
- Navigating the AHA Instructor Network
- Being an effective instructor
- Planning to teach the course
- Acquiring equipment and course materials
- Classroom setup
- Conducting a course
- Course administration
- Getting your student completion cards
- Using feedback as a tool for improvement
BLS Instructor Resources