Click here for BLS Instructor Course Dates
BLS CPR INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION DETAILS:
American Heart Association certification.
As a BLS Instructor, you will be certified to teach ALL of the following courses:
BLS for Providers®
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
COURSE FEE: $250.00
- BLS Instructor Essentials online course
- BLS Instructor Manual eBook
- 8-hours of hands-on classroom instruction
- BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook
- 2-year Instructor Certification
Cancellation & rescheduling policies.
Teaching life-saving skills is not only rewarding, but becoming a CPR instructor has many benefits.
- You can save money by training your company staff.
- You can build your resume while supplementing your income.
- Medical students can certify fellow students.
- Healthcare Providers can certify co-workers.
- Childcare Providers can certify their assistants, staff, children’s parents, and their peers.
BLS INSTRUCTOR COURSE PREREQUISITES & REQUISITES – READ CAREFULLY!
- Instructor Candidate must be at least 16 years old
- Instructor Candidate must possess a current American Heart Association® BLS Provider certificate.
- The BLS Instructor Course does not teach BLS Provider skills.
- Instructor Candidates must be knowledgeable of BLS curriculum, and have strong BLS skills.
- Instructor Candidate must complete the (1.5 – 2 hours) online BLS Instructor Essentials Course
- Instructor Candidate must then attend the 8-hour BLS Instructor Essentials hands-on session.
- Instructor Candidate must be monitored teaching their first full course within 6 months of attending the hands-on session.
- There is a monitoring fee.
- Instructor Candidate must complete a BLS Instructor Candidate Application
IMPORTANT NOTE: Instructors must align with an American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center for student certificate processing.
- You may choose to align with any AHA Training Center that will accept you.
- Students taking our BLS CPR Instructor Course are automatically accepted for alignment with our AHA Training Center (Allied 100, LLC) at no extra cost.
- If you wish to align with a different AHA Training Center, please bring your BLS Instructor Candidate Application signed by that AHA Training Center Coordinator.
- American Heart Association® Program Administration (PAM) and Organization (PROAD)
- Registering on the AHA Instructor Network
- Navigating the AHA Instructor Network
- Being an effective instructor
- Planning to teach the course
- Acquiring equipment and course materials
- Classroom setup
- Conducting a course
- Course administration
- Getting your student completion cards
- Using feedback as a tool for improvement
BLS Instructor Resources