[BLS CPR Instructor- COURSE SCHEDULE]
American Heart Association BLS CPR INSTRUCTOR
As a BLS Instructor, you will be certified to teach ALL of the following courses:
BLS for Providers®
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED
COURSE FEE: $250.00
- BLS Instructor Essentials online course
- BLS Instructor Manual eBook
- 8-hours of hands-on classroom instruction [schedule]
- BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook
- 2-year Instructor Certification
Cancellation & rescheduling policies.
STEPS TO BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR – READ CAREFULLY!
STEP 1 – Successfully complete the American Heart Association BLS PROVIDER course (no other certifications accepted).
- Instructor Candidate must possess a current American Heart Association® BLS Provider certificate.
- Instructor Candidates must be knowledgeable of BLS curriculum, and have strong BLS skills.
- The BLS Instructor Course does not teach BLS Provider skills. [BLS study guides]
- Instructor Candidate must be at least 18 years old.
STEP 2 – Complete the (1.5 – 2 hours) online BLS Instructor Essentials Course
- Bring your printed certificate of course completion to your in-person class.
- Once you have been sent the online course, you are not eligible for a refund.
STEP 3 – Attend the 8-hour BLS Instructor Essentials classroom course.
- Instructor Candidate must fill out and bring the BLS Instructor Candidate Application (to align with Allied 100 Training Center) to class.
STEP 4 – Be monitored (skills assessed) teaching a full BLS Provider course within 6 months of attending the hands-on session.
- There is a monitoring fee.
The AHA has defined these 5 core competencies for all instructor candidates:
- Skills: Instructors need to demonstrate mastery in all skills for the courses they teach. This includes both the cognitive skills as well as the psycho-motor skills.
- Course delivery: Instructors need to teach AHA materials correctly and as outlined in the appropriate Instructor Manual and Lesson Plans.
- Testing: Instructors must be able to test students effectively.
- Professionalism: Instructors need to maintain a high standard of ethics and professionalism when teaching AHA courses.
- Program Administration: Instructors need to be able to manage time, space, materials, and paperwork in compliance with AHA guidelines.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING AN INSTRUCTOR
- You can save money by training your company staff.
- You can build your resume while supplementing your income.
- Medical students can certify fellow students.
- Healthcare Providers can certify co-workers.
- Childcare Providers can certify their assistants, staff, children’s parents, and their peers.
- AHA Instructors have reciprocity options with the American Red Cross and ASHI (American Safety & Health Institute)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Instructors must align with an American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center for student certificate processing.
- You may choose to align with any AHA Training Center that will accept you.
- Students taking our BLS CPR Instructor Course are automatically accepted for alignment with our AHA Training Center (Allied 100, LLC) at no extra cost.
- If you wish to align with a different AHA Training Center, please bring your
- signed by that AHA Training Center Coordinator.
- American Heart Association® Program Administration (PAM) and Organization (PROAD)
- Registering on the AHA Instructor Network
- Navigating the AHA Instructor Network
- Being an effective instructor
- Planning to teach the course
- Acquiring equipment and course materials
- Classroom setup
- Conducting a course
- Course administration
- Getting your student completion cards
- Using feedback as a tool for improvement
BLS Instructor Resources
BLS Instructor Essentials Online Course Resources
BLS Instructor Course Pre-class Checklist
BLS Instructor Candidate Application (to align with Allied 100 Training Center)
BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook
AHA Program Organization and Administration (PROAD)
BLS Instructor Monitoring Fees
Assessing Instructor Competency
AHA Instructor Monitoring Tool
AHA Instructor Renewal Checklist
Instructor Records Transfer Request
MORE BLS INSTRUCTOR COURSE RESOURCES
Follow us on Facebook for promotions, health & safety tips, and more