Pets are part of the family.
Learning CPR and First Aid skills for your cats and dogs can help you best care for them.
Topics covered in this 3-hour, hands-on course include:
- Assessing your pet for a medical emergency.
- How to manage common medical emergencies.
- Performing CPR on cats and dogs.
- Safe handling, restraint and transportation of sick and/or injured pets.
Course fee: $40.00
$5.00 discount if you hold a current certificate for any other AmeriMed course (valid for Pet CPR and First Aid course only).
Use the discount code BEENTHERE at checkout.
- Is it Shock? Checking Capillary Refill
- Heart Rate/Pulse
- Mucous Membrane
CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Checking Your Pet’s Vital Signs (the ABCs of CPR)
- Performing CPR on Dogs and Cats of Various Sizes
- Choking Rescue
- How to Perform Rescue Breathing
First Aid Basics
- Scene Safety
- Cuts, Wounds and Bleeding
- Abrasions and Lacerations
- Pad Wounds
- Fractures/Car Accidents
- Bites, Snake Bites, Insect Bites and Stings
- Electric Shock
- Eye Issues
- Ear Issues
- Heat and Cold-Related Illness
- Additional Ailments
- Vet Visits
- Nutrition & General Health
- Disaster Plan
- First Aid Kit Inclusions
Students must be a minimum of 12 years old to take this course.
Students under 16 years old must be enrolled with and accompanied by a paid adult.
Students under 18 years old must have their parent/guardian sign a release of liability form in class at registration.
- Registration is only confirmed when paid BEFORE THE SEATS SELL OUT.
- Certificates are issued in class when registration is paid 2 business days’ in advance.
- Walk-ins are welcome for any available seats, and are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Please dress comfortably. CPR skills are practiced on the floor.
Cancellation & rescheduling policies.