Pets are part of the family.
Learning CPR and First Aid skills for your cats and dogs can help you best care for them.
Download and share our flyer for the August, September, October classes.
Topics covered in this 3-hour, hands-on course include:
- Assessing your pet for a medical emergency.
- How to manage common medical emergencies.
- Performing CPR on cats and dogs.
- Safe handling, restraint and transportation of sick and/or injured pets.
$5.00 discount if you hold a current certificate for any other AmeriMed course (valid for Pet CPR and First Aid course only).
Use the discount code BEENTHERE at checkout.
Pet CPR | First Aid Course Schedule:
- Is it Shock? Checking Capillary Refill
- Heart Rate/Pulse
- Mucous Membrane
CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Checking Your Pet’s Vital Signs (the ABCs of CPR)
- Performing CPR on Dogs and Cats of Various Sizes
- Choking Rescue
- How to Perform Rescue Breathing
First Aid Basics
- Scene Safety
- Cuts, Wounds and Bleeding
- Abrasions and Lacerations
- Pad Wounds
- Fractures/Car Accidents
- Bites, Snake Bites, Insect Bites and Stings
- Electric Shock
- Eye Issues
- Ear Issues
- Heat and Cold-Related Illness
- Additional Ailments
- Vet Visits
- Nutrition & General Health
- Disaster Plan
- First Aid Kit Inclusions
Students must be a minimum of 12 years old to take this course.
Students under 16 years old must be enrolled with and accompanied by a paid adult.
Students under 18 years old must have their parent/guardian sign a release of liability form in class at registration.
- Registration is only confirmed when paid BEFORE THE SEATS SELL OUT.
- Certificates are issued in class when registration is paid 2 business days’ in advance.
- Walk-ins are welcome for any available seats, and are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Please dress comfortably. CPR skills are practiced on the floor.
Cancellation & rescheduling policies.