If you love your pets or provide pet care, you need this class!
Learning CPR and First Aid skills for cats and dogs will teach you how to reduce their risk of injury and illness, and how to best treat them in an emergency.
Topics covered in this 3-hour, hands-on course include:
- Assessing pets for a medical emergency.
- First aid basics and how to manage common medical emergencies.
- Performing CPR on cats and dogs.
- Safe handling, restraint and transportation of sick and/or injured pets.
Course fee: $40.00
- Is it Shock? Checking Capillary Refill
- Heart Rate/Pulse
- Mucous Membrane
CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Checking Your Pet’s Vital Signs (the ABCs of CPR)
- Performing CPR on Dogs and Cats of Various Sizes
- Choking Rescue
- How to Perform Rescue Breathing
First Aid Basics
- Scene Safety
- Cuts, Wounds and Bleeding
- Abrasions and Lacerations
- Pad Wounds
- Fractures/Car Accidents
- Bites, Snake Bites, Insect Bites and Stings
- Electric Shock
- Eye Issues
- Ear Issues
- Heat and Cold-Related Illness
- Additional Ailments
- Vet Visits
- Nutrition & General Health
- Disaster Plan
- First Aid Kit Inclusions
Students must be a minimum of 12 years old to take this course.
Students under 16 years old must be enrolled with and accompanied by a paid adult.
Students under 18 years old must have their parent/guardian sign a release of liability form in class at registration.
- Registration is only confirmed when paid BEFORE THE SEATS SELL OUT.
- Certificates are issued in class when registration is paid 2 business days’ in advance.
- Walk-ins are welcome for any available seats, and are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Please dress comfortably. Many skills may be practiced on the floor.
Cancellation & rescheduling policies.