Formerly know as BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- This course is for medical and dental staff and students whose employer and/or school requires the American Heart Association® BLS for Providers CPR certificate.
- AmeriMed CPR Training is a Sharp Healthcare approved training site.
- This class is the prerequisite to becoming a CPR Instructor.
- The course fee includes a BLS for Providers electronic certificate, which is issued via email and is valid for 2 years (see bottom of page for details).
- Minimum age required to attend this class is 16 years old.
- Students under 18 years old must have their parent/guardian sign a release of liability form in class at registration.
Instructor-led format (all in-classroom):
Course fee: $60.00
Blended Learning format (part 1 online, part 2 in-classroom):
Skills Assessment: $50.00
HeartCode BLS online course: $28.50 (when ordered using the link below)
Order the online course
You must bring a PRINTED copy of your online course completion certificate to the class.
Do you need special accommodations?
BLS Instructor Course (Teach CPR classes!)
Sunday, August 19
9am-4pm, La Mesa
Cancellation & rescheduling policies.
Please note that it is YOUR responsibility to enroll in the correct course.
This course includes certification in CPR-AED for adults, children, infants; 2-person CPR rescue; using the bag-mask device; and 6-person high performance team rescue.
- Registration is only confirmed when paid BEFORE THE SEATS SELL OUT.
- Certificates are issued via email the first business day after class.
- Walk-ins are welcome for any available seats, and are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Please dress comfortably. CPR skills are practiced on the floor.
EMS Continuing Education hours for BLS certification:
If you did not request your continuing education hours in your BLS class, you have 30 days to submit a written request:
American Heart Association (AHA) course completion cards are now digital and are issued electronically the first business day after class.
- On the first business day after successful completion of an AHA course, each student will receive 2 emails.
- One email will be from the American Heart Association with the link to their site to claim your eCard.
- The other email will be from AmeriMed CPR Training with additional information regarding the eCard claiming process.
- Due to privacy policies, eCards may not be issued to a group, only an individual.
- Each student must use their unique email to claim their eCard.
- eCards are issued in pdf format.
- Once issued, eCards may be downloaded, shared, and printed.
- A course completion verification is issued in class upon request.
- Below is a sample electronic card.
We also offer the following courses: