Click here for: BLS Provider course schedule
BLS PROVIDER COURSE DETAILS:
- This course was formerly know as BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- This course is typically required for medical and dental staff and students.
- AmeriMed CPR Training is a Sharp Healthcare approved training site.
- This class is the prerequisite to becoming a CPR Instructor.
- American Heart Association® certificates are now issued digitally via email. Physical cards are no longer issued.
- Minimum age required to attend this class is 16 years old.
- Students under 18 years old must have their parent/guardian sign a release of liability form in class at registration.
- Cancellation & rescheduling policies.
- Please note that it is YOUR responsibility to enroll in the correct course.
- This course includes certification in
- CPR-AED for adults, children, infants
- 2-person CPR rescue
- Using the bag-mask device
- 6-person high performance team rescue
Skills Assessment: $50.00
(Part 2 of blended learning format. Part 1 is taken online.)
Online course from the AHA: $28.50
(Part 1 of blended learning format. Part 2 is taken in-classroom)
You must bring a PRINTED copy of your online course completion certificate to the class.
- All students will be required to review and sign a liability waiver in class.
- In order to successfully pass the BLS Provider course, you will be required to practice and demonstrate CPR skills on both an adult manikin and an infant manikin several times. This will require physical effort, including kneeling on the floor and pushing forcefully on the manikin’s chest with both hands/arms. If at any time you are unable to practice or perform CPR skills due to discomfort or limitations, you must let your instructor know immediately. We will stop your practice or testing.
- DO YOU NEED SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS?
Continuing Education Units – California Dental Board
- Show a copy of your American Heart Association BLS Provider card to receive 4-CEUs
- California Dental Board letter verifying CEU requirements
Continuing Education Credits – EMS Personnel
- You have 30 days to submit a written request for CME/CE’s for the BLS Provider course.
American Heart Association® (AHA) course completion cards are now digital.
- No physical card will be issued.
- On the first business day after successful completion of an AHA course, each student will receive 2 emails.
- One email will be from the American Heart Association® with the link to their site to claim your eCard.
- You will receive and additional email from AmeriMed CPR Training with helpful information regarding the eCard claiming process.
- Due to privacy policies, eCards may not be issued to a group, only an individual.
- Each student must use their unique email to claim their eCard.
- eCards are issued in pdf format.
- Once your eCard is issued, you may download it, share it, and print it.
- You may request a course completion verification in class.
- Below is a sample electronic card.
We also offer the following courses:
ACLS Course Referrals:
PALS Course Referrals: